- Is anyone in Hurricane Sandy’s path? I’m not sure how concerned I should be. Should I be out at the grocery store stocking up on milk and bread? Although vodka and potato chips would probably better serve my purposes. All joking aside (although I never joke about vodka and potato chips), I hope everyone in its projected path keeps safe!
- I know I’ve been a bit wishy-washy about whether there will be a sequel to Love Left Behind. I’m currently trying to finish two projects – an adult contemporary novel and the third installment of the Shadow series – so I don’t want to make a commitment that I can’t keep. That being said, after I’m done with those two projects, which will hopefully be in a couple of months, I’ll give some real serious consideration as to whether I’m going to continue Emma and Jackson’s story. I had truly intended for their story to end with Love Left Behind and they might get a little grumpy if I start bothering them again.
- I just came back from New Orleans and discovered something about myself: I have no self control when it comes it beignets. I could be full to the point of sickness, but if you plop a few pieces of fried dough with powdered sugar on top in front of me, it’ll be gone within seconds. That’s why I’m grateful for elastic waistbands today (sad, right? but it was worth it!).
- I went to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn last Saturday and had some of the best brisket I’ve ever eaten from Mighty Quinn’s. There’s really no more to this rambling than this. Meat = Good
And the most important ramble:
- It would be an understatement to say that seeing Love Left Behind on the NYT & USA Today bestseller lists has been surreal. It’s because of you guys, my readers! Not only have I been humbled by your response, but you guys have essentially become a vital part of my marketing team. The power of word-of-mouth has never been so far-reaching as it is today since we’re so connected by social media. Honestly, I can’t put into words how much it’s meant to me, and even if I never sell a single book again, I couldn’t ask for more from you guys! Well, except if one of you could invent a fat-free, calorie-free donut. Then I really couldn’t ask for anything more.